WE OFFER PRIVATE AND SEMI-PRIVATE LESSONS AT EVERY LEVEL
EVERYONE CAN LEARN HOW TO SWIM!
The best types of lessons in which to learn are private or semi-private. In a private lesson you have the full attention of your instructor. In group lessons, the attention of your instructor is split between multiple students. Because learning to swim involves multiple details, even in coordinating the strokes, the attention of your instructor provides personal feedback which focuses your learning. Because of this, all swimming lessons offered by Dolphins of the Desert are private (or semi-private – 2 students).
The total cost for private or semi-private lessons is the same. The scheduling student/parent decides whether the lesson or lessons will be private or semi-private and works out any cost sharing between the two parties. Semi-private lessons should only be scheduled for two persons of similar age and swimming level.
Lessons for children between the ages of 3 and 5 must be pre-approved by calling 520-891-8914.
All lessons at Dolphins of the Desert are scheduled online with what are known as lesson credits. You can purchase lesson credit packages of varying sizes. Lesson credit packages are currently available with 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, or 16 total lesson credits. Each lesson credit is worth a 30-minute lesson. The most economical per lesson cost is the 16 -esson credit package. The most expensive per lesson cost is the two-lesson credit package.
Lesson credits can be applied to any available date/time, with any instructor, at any facility, and can be cancelled online. If you cancel a confirmed lesson greater than 24 hours in advance of the confirmed date and time, the lesson credit will immediately be credited back into your online scheduling account, without penalty. Confirmed lessons cannot be cancelled less than 24 hours in advance of the date/time, except for compelling reasons (in which an administrator will cancel the lesson, so the lesson credit goes back into the applicable scheduling account).
The following online swimming lesson scheduling guide will help you schedule swimming lessons online. Follow it step-by-step or call 520-891-8914 and ask for assistance in scheduling your swimming lessons online.
ONLINE SWIMMING LESSON SCHEDULING GUIDE:
1)Navigate to: www.appointment.com/ddsa If you do not already have a username and password, click on REGISTER AS A NEW USER — below the username and password input boxes. After you fill out the NEW USER e-form, a username and password will be e-mailed to the e-mail account you provide. None of your personal information is shared with any individual, organization or business without your express consent and is for internal purposes only.
2) Log in to your on-line account using your own username and password.
3) The first webpage you will be taken to is the current month’s calendar. Select the name of the instructor you would like to browse thru OR select “View All” to see all of the teachers for any given day.
4) After you have found a lesson time(s), you may want to purchase a LESSON CREDIT PACKAGE to save $. If you choose to purchase a LESSON CREDIT PACKAGE, you must first do so before you schedule any lessons. (Lesson Credits can be applied to lessons at ANY of our teaching locations, with any of our instructors.) As an alternative, you can purchase lessons individually without purchasing a lesson credit package.
5) If you are at this step, you are ready to schedule lessons! Select the lesson date and instructor of your preference.
6) After you have selected a date, select the time you want. If you select a date and no available time or times appear, the date is booked solid for that instructor. Try another date for that instructor or try another instructor.
7) You are now on the webpage that summarizes your booking. If all is OK, scroll down, then click PROCEED WITH BOOKING after you have written the booking in your calendar. A pop-up will then appear, asking you to confirm your booking. If you already have credits in your account, a lesson credit will automatically be applied to the booking. If not, you will be re-directed to PayPal to pay for the booking. Click CONFIRM.
8) Select additional lessons as desired, or return at another time to use your remaining credits. Lesson credits remain valid for one year from the date of issue.
9) Remember to cancel your lesson(s) 24 hours in advance of the scheduled date and time, to receive credit (or refund). To cancel lessons, log in, then click “cancel booking” from your home page.
*If you have problems, call 520-891-8914 (Phoenix or Tucson). Leave a message with your name and phone number and a representative will return your call as soon as possible.